Chocolatey Nutty Flapjack Slices
The perfect afternoon snack or staying in-in dessert.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 280g of chocolate bourbon cream biscuits (finely ground)
- 130g of old-fashioned oats
- 150g of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of coarse salt
- 140g of unsalted vegan butter (cut into small pieces)
- 227g of chunky peanut butter
- 170g (plus 3 tbsp) of smooth peanut butter
- 120g Vegan Milk Chocolate (melted)
- Line a deep square baking tray with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the 2 long sides.
- Combine biscuits, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add chunky peanut butter and smooth peanut butter, whisking until well combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry mixture, stirring until combined and melted.
- Transfer to tray, and use the bottom of a measuring cup or an offset spatula to firmly press mixture into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave and pour over chilled mixture and, using an offset spatula, spread into a thin layer that covers the surface
- Refrigerate until hardened, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 3 tbsp of smooth peanut butter in a small saucepan until runny.
- Drizzle peanut butter over chilled chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Use parchment to lift out chilled block of bars.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water, dry well, and cut into 24 squares, wiping knife between cuts.
- Let bars stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.