Make These Mouth-Watering Chocolate Recipes For Your Loved Ones This V-Day
We asked Eli for her top chocolate recipes to make this Valentine's Day (and every other day of the year?).
Shake up your Valentine’s gift this year and treat a loved one to these PB&J cups, a match made in heaven encased in a dark chocolate shell. Choose a high-quality dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa.
I normally use smooth natural peanut butter, but I’ve experimented with crunchy almond butter and even macadamia nut butter! I love using my homemade Raspberry Chia Jam in these but if you’re feeling lazy and would rather use store-bought jam, that’s absolutely fine too!
Ingredients (Makes 8)
- 200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Chia Jam (or any other jam)
- Line a mini muffin tin with small cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate over a low heat in a saucepan and pour about 1 tablespoon into the bottom of each cupcake liner, to thinly cover the bottom. Tilt so the chocolate goes up the sides slightly. Make sure you only use half the chocolate mixture for this step. Place these in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- Remove from the freezer and place 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter over the chocolate in each liner.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Raspberry Jam on top of the peanut butter.
- Pour enough of the chocolate mixture over the jam to cover it completely. Sprinkle with a few cacao nibs or dried raspberry pieces (optional).
- Return to the freezer for at least 15 minutes until completely hardened. Store in a sealed container in the fridge as they will melt at warm temperatures.
They say the key to someone’s heart is through their stomach, so why not bake these chocolate hazelnut brownies for a loved one this Valentine’s Day? Each bite is perfectly fudgy yet flawlessly crisp on the outside, and they come generously studded with dark chocolate chips. They're practically fool-proof to make, requiring just one bowl and no fancy equipment. Who needs flowers when you can have brownies?! Gluten, dairy-free brownies!
Ingredients (Makes 16 Brownies)
- 1 1/2 cups (450g) chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 cup (140g) gluten-free self-raising flour (I use a blend of rice, maize, buckwheat and tapioca)
- 1 cup (120g) ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips, or finely chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a brownie pan with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs then add the vanilla extract. Add chocolate-hazelnut spread and beat until fully combined. Finally, add the flour, ground almonds and salt and mix until a completely smooth batter forms.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool fully before slicing, then keep refrigerated.
Follow Eli as she shares her tasty and nourishing recipes on www.elibrecher.co.uk
Photo Credit: Taylor Kiser
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com