Being a brand who is plant-based and proud, we have put together our 5 tips on ways to become more plant-based and with a little extra effort and knowledge, we believe going plant-based can be fun, exciting and easy!
We believe making these little changes to your diet and lifestyle should be a journey, not a destination and even if you're reading this, you're taking that first step to learn more! Every little step you take towards a plant-based lifestyle is another step towards saving our planet (and animals too).
So with this ‘every little helps’ approach in mind, here's our steps, a beginners guide if you will, towards leading a healthier, more sustainable, plant-based lifestyle.
1. Switch one of your meals to a plant-based one - be it daily or even weekly, try switching out one of your meals for a plant based dish instead. Switch your burger for a veggie one, make your curry with lots of colourful veggies so you don't even notice the meat’s missing, or marinade some tofu to replace the chicken in your salad.
2. Replace your m*lk with a plant based alternative - there are so many on the market now, from light and super low-cal almond milk to creamy oat m*lk and even sweeter soy based ones. You can find the perfect addition to your morning coffee or bowl of porridge (we might be biased but its oat all the way here at Press HQ). Tap to try our own oat m*lk.
3. Meat substitutes - you can get some uncannily similar options now without any of the negative impact on animals, the planet, and your body so why not try some out of curiosity or swap your meat for quorn in a bolognese!?
4. Check your cosmetics - Brands are rapidly realising that plant based is best and making steps towards becoming fully sustainable, vegan and cruelty free. So next time you’re stocking up on shampoo or browsing for a new blusher, check the labels and go for a vegan friendly product.
5. Eat more veg - It’s that simple. Fruit and veg is SO nutritious, delicious and easy to pack into your diet. Just increase your intake, experiment with recipes, try new weird and wonderful looking veggies, grab a celery juice in the morning instead of coffee. And don’t beat yourself up about not going all in immediately, it’s all about being conscious and trying to do your bit.
Shop our plant-based juices, shots and soups here: https://press-london.com