Sometimes, the thought of going to the gym
is about as appealing as another plate of reheated Brussels sprouts (yes they are an excellent source of nutrients, but so is dark chocolate and no one in their right mind chooses sprouts over a salted caramel dark chocolate bar).
But what if we tempted you with the idea that you could top up your tan at the same time as your muscle tone, in some of the world’s most beautiful locations? Imagine surfing and practising yoga under the warm Moroccan sun or boxing on the beach in Ibiza? Look no further. We’ve done our research and put together the ultimate list of healthy holidays that will help you kick-start your fitness regime. The Luxury Option
- The Jameson Retreat Combining science, fitness and diet in an incredible setting, the Jameson Retreat is a one-of-a-kind holiday that offers a bespoke body overhaul. Set against a backdrop of white sands, crystal blue seas and vibrant palm trees in a luxury Dubai retreat, you’ll be given a full body assessment before receiving your bespoke daily schedule of one-to-one personal training, yoga and therapeutic medicine. And all that alongside specially-tailored meals and antioxidant shakes. It's the perfect way to begin a healthy regime - especially because the Jameson trainers stay in touch to guide you through a 5-week aftercare training programme when you get home.
COST PER PERSON STARTS AT £11,110 FOR 6 NIGHTS FULL BOARD PLUS A 5-WEEK AFTERCARE PROGRAMME
The Yoga Enthusiast
The Harry Jameson Retreat
- Surf Maroc If you love the idea of stretching out in a downward dog on the sand dunes as the sun comes up, before diving into the warm seas to ride the waves, then Surf Maroc is for you. Offering a 7-day girls-only retreat sponsored by surf brand Roxy, as well as general surf and yoga packages, you’ll enjoy stunning beaches, incredible food and unrivalled waves in one of the world’s most picturesque destinations.
COST PER PERSON STARTS AT £489 FOR A 7 DAY PACKAGE, SURF LESSONS INCLUDED
Sailing and Cycling in Croatia
- UTracks Whether you’re a Lycra-clad bike nut, or your love of two wheels is slightly more sedate, why not try a 7-night sailing-and-cycling tour of the Croatian islands courtesy of UTracks? Offering something for everyone, from the experienced to the amateur cyclist and sailor, you’ll spend the week cruising and exploring the wonderful Adriatic islands with glorious sunshine, picturesque sights and fantastic local dishes.
COST PER PERSON STARTS AT £1390, INCLUDING ACCOMMODATION ON BOARD THE YACHT, ALL FOOD AND BIKE HIRE
UTracks Walk and Cycle Holidays
Handpicked by Vogue
- K.IN As one of 2016's Hottest Wellbeing Getaways, the KIN Retreat offers 7 days of ultimate luxury in an incredible Ibizan villa, with 4 workouts a day ranging from boxing to sunrise yoga, all fuelled by organic, freshly-picked meals served up by a team of private chefs. There's also plenty of down time to enjoy the villa's pool, movie nights under the stars and outdoor adventures that make the most of everything that Ibiza has to offer.
COST PER PERSON STARTS AT £1,250 FOR 7 DAYS FULL BOARD BASED ON 2 PEOPLE SHARING.
K.IN Luxury Fitness Retreat
- Swimtrek While it may not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of a swimming holiday, Montenegro is one of the true hidden gems of the open-water swimming world. On this week long adventure, you’ll enjoy a combination of sea, lake, river and fjord swimming in beautiful (and warm) blue waters, with a backdrop of golden beaches and towering mountains – oh and you’ll stay in an actual palace every night. Swimtrek takes you to all the best swim spots with a private boat travelling alongside as support and giving thorough technique analysis.
COST PER PERSON STARTS AT £790 FOR 7 DAYS INCLUDES ACCOMODATION, SWIM GUIDES AND FULL SAFETY ESCORTS, TECHNIQUE COACHING, BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Swimtrek Adventure Holidays
Dominique Cutts, is a fitness fanatic and has completed many triathlons in her time. This year she is also planning to cycle coast to coast and to complete the Uganda Marathon.
Photo Credit: Ishan
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org