Skip to content

World Health Day 2022

Today is World Health day. This year the World Health Organisation (WHO) is focusing global attention on urgent actions needed to keep humans and the planet healthy, and foster a...

World Health Day 2022

Today is World Health day. This year the World Health Organisation (WHO) is focusing global attention on urgent actions needed to keep humans and the planet healthy, and foster a movement to create societies focused on well-being.  

A Healthier Tomorrow

This is something we at PRESS feel particularly passionate about. We are on a mission to create a healthier, happier world powered by plants.  The need for change in the way we all approach our consumption choices for our health and for the future of the planet is in dire need of dramatic, immediate change. 

Our Planet, Our Health 

The evidence is clear for the planet:

  • If we stopped industrial animal agriculture in its tracks today we’d have 75% more land, not just for use, but to convert back into lush, wild nature. We could then feed everyone on earth with the other 25%.
  • An estimated 30% of all fish stocks are being overfished – meaning they are being caught faster than their populations can replenish.This causes a devastating impact on ocean wildlife, with many species in decline and ecosystems threatened with collapse. 

And for our health:

  • Not only will it cost you significantly less but people who don't eat meat — generally eat fewer calories and less fat, weigh less, and have a lower risk of heart disease. A plant-based diet, which emphasises fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, legumes and nuts, is rich in fibre, vitamins and many other nutrients. 
  • Reducing meat intake also has a protective effect. Research shows that people who eat red meat are at an increased risk of death from heart disease, stroke or diabetes. 

A Healthier World, Powered By Plants 

Thankfully more of us are choosing plant-based living, 6 million people in the UK alone have now made the shift and many more are moving in that direction.

The link between a more plant-based diet, long term health, and quality of life are already established and so is the need for change to support our environment. It doesn’t have to be an all or nothing choice, every time you make a switch to a plant-based alternative makes a difference, and we are on that journey with you.

Check out our range of products here and try the plant-based life for yourself

Related Products.

You might also like.

What Is A Calorie Deficit Diet: Benefits, How To & Does it Work?

LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS LATEST NEWS

12 May 2024

What Is A Calorie Deficit Diet: Benefits, How To & Does it Work?

What Is A Calorie Deficit Diet: Benefits, How To & Does it Work?  The energy deficit diet, also known as a calorie deficit diet, is a scientifically backed dietary...

READ MORE
Top Wellbeing Tips From Wholistic Wellness Expert Naomi Buff
04 May 2024

Top Wellbeing Tips From Wholistic Wellness Expert Naomi Buff

Make peace with your plate for a happy healthy mind!    Have you heard the phrase, “you are what you eat?”    In simple terms, if we eat high...

READ MORE
10 YEARS FROM THE TUB TO THE TOP (Well almost)
29 April 2024

10 YEARS FROM THE TUB TO THE TOP (Well almost)

Well it's been almost 10 years to the day since we sold our first juice out of an old cast iron bathtub in Old street station. I can’t tell...

READ MORE

Cart

Your cart is currently empty.

30

Plant Diversity Tracker

Select options