Happy Pancake Day: Vegan Pancake Recipe
Happy pancake day🥞🤍 We’ve got a berry delicious recipe for you to try today...
Happy pancake day🥞🤍
We’ve got a berry delicious recipe for you to try today...
Ingredients for the pancakes
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour (plain flour will work also)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
Ingredients for the Berry Compote
- 1/4 Press berry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Corn-starch Slurry (1 tsp corn-starch 1 tsp water)
Method for the Berry compote🍓🍒🍇
- Add the press smoothie into a pan on medium heat
- Add in the blueberries and coconut sugar stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst that is simmering make the corn-starch slurry, simply add the corn-starch to a small bowl with the water mix well, set to one side.
- Give the berry mixture a good stir and add in 1 Tsp of you corn-starch slurry give everything a good stir when it begins to thicken Remove from the heat set to one side.
Method for the pancakes
- Mix the milk and the apple cider vinegar in a jar set to one side for 5-10 minutes, it will curdle slightly this is ok.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the oil to the milk mixture and stir.
- Now combine the wet to the dry and mix until combined for around 30-40 seconds.
- To a frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly in pan.
- Place the batter into the pan, I make two at a time. Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface around 1 minute and the edges start to look slightly golden. Flip and repeat cooking for 30 seconds, and remove.
- Heat the berry mixture slightly for 30 seconds , stack your pancakes, top with the berry compote. Sprinkle with a little designated coconut (optional) and enjoy.