Salted Peanut Butter & Biscoff Blondies
Not quite a brownie but always a crowd-pleaser.
With spoonfuls of vegan Nutella and Biscoff, these blondies are the ultimate indulgent treat. Serve with a cup of tea and you're all set for a cosy afternoon in.Ingredients
- ¾ cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 2 flaxseed eggs (mix two tablespoons ground flaxseed with six tablespoons of water. Mix together, and let sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to set up and thicken)
- ¾ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 bar of 85% vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp of chopped salted peanuts
- 200g of ground almonds
- 1 large tablespoon of vegan 'nutella' spread
- 1 large tablespoon of Lotus biscoff spread
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a square brownie tray with baking parchment.
- In a food mixer, add the peanut butter and coconut oil and whip until smooth and combined well.
- Add the maple syrup and 'eggs' and blend again. Add the ground almonds, baking powder and chocolate and mix again until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth out and dollop the Nutella and Biscoff on the surface of the batter and place in the oven for 10 minutes to soften the spreads. Take out the oven and swirl the spreads into the batter using the toothpick/fork. Sprinkle the salted peanuts on top.
- Place back in the oven for 9 minutes. It should wobble slightly when it comes out.
- Allow to cool completely and cut into portions.