For a breakfast that's healthy, satiating and tastes as good as it looks, you can't go wrong with a smoothie bowl. With the weather getting a bit warmer again (you can never been to sure in England!) these recipes are perfect for a summers day. They are packed with nutrients and will get you way on your way to achieving your 5-a-day. You can use whatever fruits you have to hand and change the toppings according to your taste.
Pina Colada Bowl (Serves 2)
- 1 serving of PRESS Morning Ritual
- 350ml Coconut Milk
- 4 tbsp of granola or muesli
- 1½ tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp of clear honey, plus extra to serve
- 120g frozen pineapple
- ½ frozen banana
- Place the frozen banana and pineapple in a blender with the coconut milk and whizz until smooth, adding a little more liquid if your blender is struggling.
- Add two tablespoons of muesli, one tablespoon of chia seeds and the honey. Blend again and once smooth, spoon into four breakfast bowls.
- Top with the granola and chia seeds. Serve immediately, with an extra drizzle of honey, if desired.
Tropical Bowl (Serves 2)
- 200g frozen berries
- 3 tbsp of yogurt
- 1 bottle of PRESS Vanilla Leche Nut M*lk
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Maple syrup or other sweetener to serve
- 2 tbsp of granola or muesli
- Assorted fresh fruit, such as bananas, strawberries, mango and blueberries
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 4 tsp of coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- Whizz the berries and yogurt in a blender to produce a smoothie consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, leaving space for the toppings, then line up the granola or muesli, fruit, chia seeds and coconut on the top.
- Decorate with mint leaves and, if you like extra sweetness, drizzle with a little maple syrup.
Snickers Bowl (Serves 2)
- 2 frozen bananas
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ banana sliced
- Chocolate granola
- Peanut butter to drizzle
- Chia seeds
- Combine bananas, almond milk, peanut butter, cacao powder, maca powder, and chia seeds if using, in a blender. Puree until completely smooth - the mixture should be thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!