High Fibre Breakfast Ideas
We have something for the savoury breakfast lovers or those with a serious sweet tooth, all high-fibre, simple, cheap and of course, delicious!
We have something for the savoury breakfast lovers or those with a serious sweet tooth. Below are some high fibre breakfast choices and drinks to support gut health that are quick, easy and simple.
Having a high fibre breakfast from healthy whole grains and complex carbohydrates will digest more slowly and release a gradual increase of sugar into the blood which metabolically, is a much better profile and will not cause any blood sugar spikes or ‘afternoon slumps’.
- Start your day by giving your gut a microbiota a treat, why not try our Water+ Probiotic drink for extra beneficial gut health properties. It has more than 1 billion live cultures in each bottle!
- For breakfast enjoy a bowl of Cinnamon and Pecan Granola for a nourishing yet indulgent start to the day, which packs 7g of fibre per 100g! Serve with a splash of almond milk or a scoop of coconut yoghurt. Best served with fresh seasonal fruit such as raspberries or sliced banana.
- Porridge made from jumbo oats (higher in fibre than instant oats), cooked in your milk of choice with cinnamon and chia seeds. Top it with a big spoonful of peanut butter and a handful of blueberries.
- Wholemeal sourdough toast with mashed avocado, mushrooms and spinach is one of our absolute favourites. Sprinkle with seeds such as pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds for an extra boost of fibre and micronutrients.
- Or swap those veggie toppings for something a bit more sweet. Add a generous spoon of nut butter, sliced banana and a sprinkle of chia seeds to your toast.
While fibre can really help to improve these symptoms, it should be incorporated into your diet slowly and gradually, while making sure to drink enough water too!